Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Bucks County Covered Bridge Ride


Completed the 20 mile ride on Sunday and it was great! I was surprised how much of a mental challenge it was because of negative self-talk leading up to and during the ride. But I can't tell you how much of an athlete I felt like just completing the ride. The weather was perfect (cool but not too cold) and the leaves were gorgeous. I love that (in case you didn't get that from my other posts).
We rode on the highway for a long way -- with great, wide bike lanes -- and I opted for the bike path on the way back because I do a lot of that around home, anyway.

Here's a pic of me riding -- next time I will smile :) I look very serious but I tried to lighten up and just enjoy the ride, too ... after all, that was the whole point of being there!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

You are doing awesome Ginger. I'm running 10 miles on Saturday in preparation for my upcoming marathon in vegas on 2 December.
I haven't never ridden a bike for 20 miles so you got some guts there girl.
Keep it up.