Tuesday, October 23, 2007

One of THOSE days!

I know I'm not the only one that has "those" kinds of days but it seems like there are times when that's all that's strung together to make a week. Family pressures pile up and sit in the back of your mind ready to spring forward if you have a quiet, peaceful moment or when riding the bike or exercising. Like if I'm doing something good for me and my body, the bad stuff I'm wanting to avoid just pushes it's way to the front of the line.

I know what my therapist would say "Just feel the emotions and be okay with them", but I don't want to feel pissy about my kids not doing laundry (or even getting it in the hamper) and I don't want to feel like I'm on eggshells with the husband. I guess that's a lot of where depression comes from ... not wanting to feel.

So, this morning, while I was riding in the dark, when those thoughts came up, I felt a little sad and angry and frustrated and wondered why things have to be so hard sometimes, but I rode anyway. I took it a little slower than normal, so that I was feeling my emotions and trying to be okay with them instead of trying desperately to outrun them. They were all waiting there back at home for me anyway.

And, one of the emotions I'm feeling right now is pride that I got out there and rode.

No comments: