Thursday, November 01, 2007

Moving in the right direction

Well, I did the 90 minute spin class on Monday and then found myself in there again for a 45 minute class on Wednesday. I did some of the "out of seat" jumps and hills and felt OK. I also got the bike out this morning (in the balmy 50 degree weather) and did a 6 mile ride, so I can say I (almost) officially feel like a biker babe!

The weight's moving the right way, too ... down 1.4 pounds this week. I'm trying so hard to bust that 170 mark -- it's been like the wall I haven't managed to climb yet or that hill I always have to push the bike up. But, if I have to push the body all the way over it, I WILL break that 170 pound mark!

And, today, I'm registering for the Danskin triathlon next September. The friend that dragged me into spinning did it this year and I'm SO jealous! I've wanted to try it for 2 years now, but kept telling myself I can't. Well, next year I CAN and I've got enough time now to start training, so I'm going to spend the money to register today and make it happen!

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Lainie said...

Great job, Ginger! You are really doing well at consistent workouts and cross-training.