Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day!

What a beautiful day here in New Jersey! The sun was shining and the wind was blowing just enough to keep the air moving. I went out for my first ride with the Princeton Freewheelers' Bike Club (even though I've been a member for almost a year). We did a "D+" ride that was 23 miles at an average pace of 10 mph. I rode from my house to the start point, so door-to-door mileage for me was 30.0 miles (on the dot). It was the longest I've ridden on one ride and it was great! The pace was perfect for me for a leisurely ride. We had another guy who was riding for his 2nd time in the club and he had tried another ride with the group and they left him. On his FIRST ride!

Our ride leader, Pat, was fantastic at stopping and chatting with us, keeping us at pace and pointing out some of the more interesting sights -- like the house that was almost falling apart (from fire, age and/or wind damage) that had the sign on the door saying "Not for Rent!" Too funny!

So, this was a great kick-start to a summer full of riding fun!

Hope you all moved all you wanted today!
Ginger

6 comments:

Irish Mom said...

Sounds like so much fun!! 30 miles sounds painful, how long did it take? Oh wait, 10 mph, 30 miles..... 3 hours?!?!? I remember all those types of questions from math class lol. Oh well, have a great week!!

Holly said...

Wow, 30 miles! That's incredible! My butt would be soooo sore if I did that.... LOL

Wee Little Me said...

sounds like an awesome day.

Ready Maid said...

Ginger, you rock! I'm particularly impressed because I don't own a bicycle yet, but I've got an Electra Townie Balloon 8 on my vision board, and I'm psyched up for the day it manifests!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Oh, sounds like fun! I wish my bike would come! My brother is doing a 2 day bike ride for MS. He trained for it last summer and got a hernia just a short time before the ride, so he missed it. Hopefully he'll make it this year.

Congrats on your 30 miles!
Path to Health

DaDivaStreet said...

30lbs is great! You're going to have awesome legs!

Http://dadivastreet.wordpress.com