Thursday, June 12, 2008

Got off the butt... on the bike

Since I moved at the beginning of April, I haven't had a scale at home. My last trip to WW (over a month ago) showed I was down to my lowest weight (since getting to the highest one) and I actually went out and bought 2 pairs of size 10 jeans that I really could fit into. Well, decided to step on the scale in the bathroom at work (donated by another WW lady) and I was up 10 pounds from that in a little over 6 weeks!!! And, of course, the size 10 jeans won't even zip. UGH! Why does it come on so much faster than it comes off???


With all the baseball (did I mention concession stand food) and graduation/end of year activities with my 3 kids, it's been IMPOSSIBLE to take care of myself (eating healthy and exercising regularly). So, last night I went to bed at a reasonable time and set the alarm for 5:15 this morning and went out on an early morning ride. I only rode 6 miles (which isn't a lot for me), but I did get out of bed, off the butt and onto the bike. It was a struggle -- how fast that fitness can decline, too, but I got out.


Don't be too impressed with the 5:15 part -- over the winter I faithfully got up and exercised at the gym at 5:30 or so in the morning 3-4 days a week. It's about the only time of day I'm guaranteed nobody will need my attention!


So, back on track (or the bike path) again ... getting back up one more time!

5 comments:

DaDivaStreet said...

Thanks for visiting me & for the tips! Gonna vanquish those batwings yet! It's great that you've gotten back on track again. Sometimes the hardest part is just to start back up!

DaDivaStreet
http://dadivastreet.wordpress.com

Becky Aud-Jennison said...

Way to go getting up early! I've done it twice this week too and hope to get back into the habit. I LOVE the feeling all day of knowing I've put in my major exercise and anything else is icing on the cake!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Congrats on getting back on the bike! It's always hard when we've had a break. I hate it when the doctor tells me to rest. It's hard getting back into the routine. Good luck on keeping up with the workout and staying healthy!
Path to Health

Lainie said...

Well, you know how last year I had one injury or illness after another and gained back 10 of the 25 lbs I'd lost. Sometimes we just need a little kick in the pants to get back in gear, don't we?

Kathleen said...

Gingerfit, you need to update your blog, how are things coming along. I've missed watching your posts.