Wednesday, August 08, 2007

A Goal Met!

Tonight was weigh-in at Weight Watchers and I hit a significant goal --- 10% and 20 pounds on the same night! Had a 2 pound weight loss since lastweek. I'm SO ecstatic. I get a bad case of nerves every time I step on that scale. I tell myself I won't be disappointed if I don't lose, but knowing full-well that I will be crushed if the hard work that week hasn't paid off! Regardless, I KNOW I'm not going to quit this time. One of my BIG goals is to become a leader. I certainly have the fat before pictures to show off! I've always enjoyed teaching (Sunday school, professional classes, other fun classes like sewing and such), but I love my day job and the nice salary that comes with it. I KNOW when I become a leader, I will LOVE helping to teach others about weight loss and it will help me stay committed and accountable to my new body size.

I attribute a lot of my success to using a Polar F-11 heart rate monitor to exercise. I can stay in the optimal aerobic zone most of the time, challenge myself with a hard workout now and then, really enjoy the "long and light intensity" workout once a week. Right now, my plan is to do cardio at least 4 times a week (usually 6) and weights 2 times (not always 2). It's so much easier to do cardio than weights (for me). When I do weights, I feel like I'm wasting time because the heart rate monitor isn't pumping!

So far this month (August 1-today) I've logged 6 hours and 5 minutes of heart rate monitor activity (plus the 1-1/2 hour bellydance class Sunday where I forgot to wear the monitor) and burned 3586 calories! That's one pound of fat without even taking into account the healthy eating!

I'm loving this journey and can't wait to see what happens next week!

No comments: