Friday, August 31, 2007

Nice loss this week

This week turned out better than it had started. I lost 1.2 pounds after a really rough start to the week. It was one of those "emotional" eating struggles. I never realized how often I have problems with emotional eating until I started this journey. Now, I realize it's one of my biggest battles. I did better than the last "rough spot" because this time, I really tried to be in control -- seeing the desire to eat as an emotional response and not really hunger.

Of course, exercise is really helping me stay on track. I'm averaging about 500 calories a day lost through treadmill, rowing, weight lifting, whatever I can do to move the body! And, it's paying off. Even though the weight loss seems slow, I'm doing it the "healthy" way -- averaging a little less than 2 pounds a week. But, I can tell I've had a huge increase in energy levels and a huge decrease in stomach size.

I think the next updated pictures will come when I cross into the 160's -- hopefully within the next 2 weeks.

No comments: