Sunday, August 12, 2007

Rough weekend

It's been a rough weekend for me -- challenging to stay on plan and to exercise even once. Between the heat and cramps and bad attitude, I haven't gotten in one AP over the weekend -- very unusual for me.

How am I going to get out of this slump? I'm going to plan exercise times for the rest of the week and I think I'm going to plan for an easy week. I think I need the break! At least the first couple of days. And, I'm going to keep writing food down, even if I go over. And, I'm going to make it through this week!

Wish me luck! :)

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Ginger, sorry your week has been tough. It can be very hard to exercise in heat. What is your normal exercise schedule? Also, how long have been exercising without a break. If you are lifting weights it is imperative you take a taper week about every 8 wks.
If you have questions, pop me a question.

GingersFit said...

Thanks Kathleen -- unfortunately, I can't blame it on the heat since I almost always exercise at the gym! When I'm "on track", I exercise every morning, 5:30-6:30 5 days a week and usually try to get in one more exercise session on the weekend (hiking, bellydance -- something other than the norm).

I don't lift weights a lot -- try to get in 2 times a week.

This has just been a lot more attitude and feeling cruddy because of that time of the month, but I want to get to where I have a little more control over eating when the hormones kick in!

Back on track today -- 50 minutes on the rowing machine -- right at 600 calories by my HRM. WOO HOO!